Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means that at no cost to you, we may earn a small commission for qualifying purchases.
You will need to clean your swimming pool at one time to ensure you have a clean facility. That is when a suction pool cleaner comes in handy to allow you to clean your facility with ease.
So, what is the best suction pool cleaner on the market? Below are some of the top products on the market today.
Review of Top 9 Suction Pool Cleaners
Let us look at the top nine suction pool cleaners.
1. Intex Auto Pool Cleaner
Intex Auto Pool Cleaner is a suction a cleaner that was developed to keep your facility clean. It has dozens of features, including:
- High flow rate: The cleaner uses a high flow rate filter pump with a capacity of between 1,600 to 3,500 GPH.
- Long hose: It attaches to an inlet connector in your pool with a 24 feet 7-inch hose.
- For above-ground pools: The suction cleaner was designed to clean Intex above ground pools and other above ground pools with 1.5-inch hose fittings.
- Comes with user manual: It comes in handy to teach you how to connect and use the cleaner the right way.
- Saves time: The cleaner helps you to save time when cleaning your swimming pool.
- Highly portable: It has 4-wheels that make it move around your pool’s surface without any hassle.
- Affordable: The cleaner is quite affordable compared to other products in its class.
2. XtremePowerUS 75037 Climb Wall Pool Cleaner
XtremePowerUS 75037 Climb Wall Pool Cleaner was designed to last for years. Its main features include:
- Comes in blue color: One notable feature is the blue color that makes it attractive and remain resistant to dirt.
- Up to 10 hoses: The package includes ten hoses that allow the cleaner to clean a pool of up to 30 feet effectively.
- For walls and bottoms: Note that this cleaner cleans the bottom and walls of your pool, but not the stairs.
- High flow rate: The cleaner connects to a pool pump with up to 1,600.
- Easy to install and assemble: You do not need any tool to attach the cleaner to your pool’s filtration system.
- 12-month warranty: The warranty covers parts and ensures you get any part that gets damaged during that period.
- Cleans fast: It moves at high speed of 12 feet per minute.
3. VINGLI Automatic Pool Cleaner
It is an inground suction-side pool cleaner that can climb the walls with ease. Here are its significant features:
- Highly efficient: It is one of the most efficient inground pool cleaners and helps to remove hair, sand, dirt, and debris of your swimming pool.
- Easy to use: The cleaner liberates the cleaner from spending hours scrubbing the pool.
- Easy to assemble: It is easy to set up and install. You do not need an expert to help you.
- Super quiet: Another superb feature is the quiet operation you enjoy when you clean your pool using this cleaner.
- For vinyl pools: It is suitable for vinyl, tile, and concrete surfaces.
- Worry-free guarantee: It is a quality product that you can use without any stress and be sure it lasts for years.
- High flow rate: The model uses a pool pump with a flow rate of about 1,600 GHP.
4. Hayward 500 Aquabug Suction Cleaner
Hayward 500 Aquabug Suction Cleaner is an above ground pool cleaner with excellent features. They include:
- Unique gearing/turbine system: It helps to provide constant water flow for gentle movement and quiet flow.
- Contoured head design: The advanced design makes it easier to steer the cleaner under the water.
- Easy to install: You can install the pool cleaner within 10 minutes, leaving you more time for cleaning.
- For all surfaces: The product is ideal for pebble tec, vinyl, fiberglass, tile, and concrete pools.
- Deluxe bumper ring: It helps to reduce friction to make it easier for the suction cleaner to move around.
- 12-month warranty: You also get a one year warranty that covers parts.
- Highly effective: The product was designed to provide you with the auto most efficiency when cleaning your pool.
- Designed to last long: It is made of quality materials that allow it to last for decades.
5. Zodiac MX6 Suction Side Pool Cleaner
The product comes in blue or grey color and is perfect for all above ground pools. It has the following features:
- Innovative low-flow design: The design makes it ideal for variable speed pump or 2-speed one.
- Cyclonic suction: It is a powerful technology that provides power for vacuuming all the debris in your pool.
- Articulating turbine blade: The blade makes it possible for the cleaner to climb the wall swiftly.
- Swiveling hoses: You can easily connect the hoses and have the assurance they will not tangle in your pool.
- Include lots of accessories: You get a 90-degree twist-lock elbow, automatic weir valve, 7×1.2m twist lock hose lengths, hose float, flow regulator, and hose protector.
- Warranty card: The card gives you peace of mind knowing you are covered from premature damage.
- Attractive design: It is a pool cleaner that adds beauty to your pool due to its unique design.
6. Hayward Poolvergnuegen 896584000-518 Suction Cleaner
It is a unique pool cleaner that provides value for money because of its many features. They include the following:
- 2-wheel drive: It is a 2-wheel pool cleaner that can clean a facility of up to 16×32 feet.
- Self-adjusting turbine vanes: The turbine vanes help to provide maximum power even at low flow and allow passage of large materials.
- Tire treads: The treads improve climbing and movement over obstacles.
- Adjustable roller skirt: The feature helps to enhance suction when cleaning uneven surfaces.
- Pre-programmed internal steering settings: The machine also boasts of multiple settings that guarantee sufficient pool coverage.
- Secure attachment: You can easily assemble the cleaner without seeking help from an expert.
- Cleans fast: The cleaner was developed to clean your pool quickly and offer effective cleaning.
- Durable material: It is made of durable material that provides it with a longer life.
7. Zodiac Baracuda G3 Kit
Zodiac Baracuda G3 Kit is perfect for leaves and was designed to clean your pool without a hassle. Its features include:
- Quiet operation: It is a powerful suction cleaner that guarantees you with efficient, quiet cleaning.
- Low-speed pumps: The technology helps to assure maximum efficiency to get rid of all debris and dirt in your pool.
- For the entire pool: It can easily clean the steps, walls, and floor of your swimming pool.
- For all dirt: The cleaner collects both the small and large debris to leave your pool thoroughly cleaned.
- Flow Keeper valve: It is a valve that helps to regulate the water to maintain peak performance.
- Scuff-resistant durable hoses: The hoses help to get rid of scuffs on all swimming pool surfaces.
- Additional finned disk: You can install the disc when the original one gets damaged.
- Wheel deflector: It is a superb tech that ensures the cleaner climbs the wall with ease.
8. Pentair 360100 Kreepy Krauly Lil Shark Pool Cleaner
It is the perfect cleaner for above ground pools and was designed to give you a thorough cleaning. Let us look at its features:
- Dual-band bristles: It comes with two sets of bristles; one helps to loosen the dirt while the other whisks it away.
- Programmed cleaning: The technology helps to provide adequate coverage without missing any spot.
- Deep cleaning: It helps top clean up to 10-inch at a go to ensure fast cleaning.
- Simple design: The pool cleaner comes with a single moving part that makes it durable.
- No assembly: You do not need to assemble or set up anything when using the pool cleaner.
- Powerful cleaning: You can bet the cleaner can easily remove all the dirt in your pool thanks to its powerful cleaning.
- Durable product: It gives value for money and lasts for years without getting damaged.
9. Pentair K50600 Kreepy Krauly E-Z Suction-Side Pool Cleaner
It is an above ground pool cleaner that provides all the features of a top suction-side product. You can enjoy the following:
- Superior hydraulic design: The design comes in handy to provide optimum vacuuming power.
- Single moving part: It is only the flapper that moves around to ensure that the cleaner lasts for years.
- Dependable operation: The product assures you of effective cleaning no matter the time you clean your pool.
- Free skimming valve: The valve helps to regulate the water automatically to provide proper cleaning speed.
- Cleans and vacuums: The model helps top not only clean your swimming pool but also vacuum the dirt out.
- True random pattern: It is a cleaner that covers every corner of your swimming pool.
- Design to last: The pool cleaner was designed to last for years without getting damaged.
- Easy to assemble: You do not require any tool to install the cleaner as it comes ready for use.
Buying Suction Pool Cleaners: Guide
Suction pool cleaners can be the perfect models for cleaning your pool and minimize your manual effort. Read the buying guide below to find out what you should look for when choosing your cleaner.
1. Pool Size
The first thing you should consider when buying your cleaner is your swimming pool. You should get a model that meets your need.
That means choosing a suction cleaner that can meet the breadth and depth of your pool.
2. Pool Cleaner Hose
You should choose a cleaner with a long hose to allow you to clean all corners of the pool. That means you can clean all types of dirt in your pool effectively.
Also, ensure that the hose is tangle-free and can last for years without leaking or getting damaged.
3. Booster Pump
Some suction pool cleaners have a filtration system that requires booster pumps. The pump helps to boost the water flow.
One thing, get a model that can work with the available pump.
4. Efficient Cleaner
A swimming pool cleaner that can provide ample suction and move quickly can allow you to clean your pool faster. It should also access hard-to-reach sections of your pool.
You should also choose a model that cannot stick at the corners as that only need to your cleaning needs.
5. Low Noise
Pool cleaners produce noise when operating. So, if you want a product that can give you peace, choose one with low noise.
Check the cleaner’s noise specification before you settle for any product.
6. Debris Size
When choosing your cleaner, you will come across models that can pick small and large debris. The important thing is to know the type of waste found near your pool.
That way, you can have a better idea of the ideal suction pool cleaner for your swimming pool.
The other thing you should consider is to buy a cleaner from a reputable brand. There are dozens of brands that offer these products and are all trustworthy.
Consider the number of years the company has been in operation and how customers rate the products.
Usage and Maintenance Tips
Here are tips that can ensure your suction pool cleaner lasts longer:
- Remove the cleaner out of the water when you are done
- Clean your product after every use
- Maintain the perfect chlorine and pH levels of your pool
Frequently Asked Questions
Let us look at the commonly asked questions about suction pool cleaners:
Q: How to Install a Suction Pool Cleaner?
A: Suction pool cleaners are easy to install. You only need to add water to the hose and then attach it to your pool’s pump suction side.
You might also need to adjust the valve to guarantee the ideal flow rate.
Q: How to Use a Suction Pool Cleaner?
A: Here are the things you should do when using your suction pool cleaner:
- Choose the perfect cleaner for your swimming pool.
- Connect the skimmer
- Fill the hose with water and then hook it up
- Start cleaning your pool.
The best suction pool vacuum cleaner can make your work easier by ensuring you enjoy a clean pool. Suction cleaners are easy to connect and use, making them ideal for all pool owners.