Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means that at no cost to you, we may earn a small commission for qualifying purchases.
Knowing the right pool vacuum to purchase can be quite tricky, and you might end up getting the wrong product. But not to worry, in this article, I will be reviewing eight best pool vacuums for sand, so you would know the best product to ensure that your needs are met. This review will help you in making the right choice, and you will enjoy your product in the long run.
The 8 Products Reviews
Here are the eight best pool vacuums that promise a total removal of sand and debris from your pool
1. Water Tech Pool Blaster Max Li Pool and Spa Cleaner
- It has a runtime of sixty minutes, which is enough quality time for thorough cleaning of the pool.
- A Li-Ion rechargeable battery that is fully recharged in 4 hours.
- A push-button ON/OFF switch.
- A reusable x-treme multilayer filter bag that picks up sand and debris from the pool.
- 10.5″ vacuum head width.
- Pool Blaster Max Li can be attached to any telescopic pool pole.
- This product has a one-year warranty.
- It weighs 5.5 pounds (low weight).
- The Pool Blaster Max Li is most suitable for above ground and inground pools.
2. Hayward 900 Wanda the Whale Suction Above-Ground Pool Cleaner (Automatic Pool Vacuum)
- 32 feet of hose.
- 5-pack of pool skimmer filters.
- Above-ground suction side pool cleaner.
- Smart drive technology ensures that Wanda the Whale doesn’t miss any spot while cleaning the pool.
- This pool vacuum has a bumper ring that aids smooth movement.
- This product has a year’s warranty.
- It is an automatic pool vacuum cleaner.
- Installs in less than 10 minutes, without tools.
- It has a contoured head design, which enables the steering pattern to be achieved in a short period.
- It enhances water circulation by pulling water from the rear of the pool.
3. Pool Supply Town Mini Jet Vac Vacuum Cleaner
- It is convenient to use because it does not use electricity to operate.
- This product has a year’s warranty.
- Costs $26.99, thus it is affordable.
- It removes sand and debris by using the water pressure from your hose to create a venturi effect, which draws leaves and other debris into the debris collection bag.
- The effectiveness of this pool vacuum is based on your water pressure.
- It fits into any garden hose.
- It is suitable for a small above-ground pool.
- It is easy to assemble.
- It fits into the standard pole (1- 1/ 4″).
4. Water Tech Pool Blaster PRO 1500 Manual Swimming Pool Cleaner
- Three filter bags.
- It has a 19″ vacuum head size.
- It is a cordless pool cleaner.
- A push-button ON/OFF switch.
- Two Li-ion rechargeable batteries that are fully recharged in four hours.
- Long runtime of two hours owing to the two lithium-ion batteries.
- 1-year warranty.
- It is suitable for any pool size.
- Capable of collecting golf-sized debris, as well as fine sand and slit.
- Suitable for both Vinyl and Gunite pool because of the standard vacuum head and the flexible vacuum head with polyurethane Ball-Bearings.
- A standard pole can be attached to clean larger pools.
5. OASE 602401853010 Pondovac Classic Pond Vacuum Cleaner
- It discharges content automatically.
- The suction hose length is 13ft long.
- This product has an operating voltage of 110-120.
- This product alternates between suction and discharge.
- It has a 2-years warranty.
- It has a debris collection bag.
- The cable is quite long— 13ft.
- It has a clear extension tube of 1.6 ft.
- It has several nozzle head options for every pond and pool application.
- This product has numerous attachment alternatives.
- It has a maximum suction depth of 6ft.
- It aids smooth movement and transportation because of its built-in handle and compact design.
- It has a 1200w motor to facilitate suctioning.
6. Boxtech Fish Tank Water Change, Aquarium Vacuum
- It is a piece of multifunctional cleaning equipment.
- It is suitable for 1pcs of the soft water pipe and 2pcs of hard water pipe.
- The vacuum is easy to use.
- It suits fish tanks of different sizes.
- The cost is affordable.
- This multifunctional vacuum can help clean gravel.
- It has extra-long tubing & hard pipes, which enables you to reach any dirty spots instantly without getting your hands wet.
- This vacuum is made of high-quality flexible PVC plastic, which guarantees longevity.
- Drainage is helpful because of the anti-reverse pipe.
7. Bestway 58422E-BW Aqua Powercell Handheld Pool Vacuum with Rechargeable Battery
- Designed handheld pool cleaner with rechargeable batteries that come with a charger.
- Lithium-ion batteries, which promises an extended runtime of forty minutes.
- Two heads that can be used interchangeably for cleaning surfaces and corners.
- The suctioning is effective.
- Easy to use.
- This pool vacuum for sand is lightweight.
- It cleans vinyl pools.
- Work best for above ground pools or spas up to 20 feet deep.
- It gives a total length of 87 inches.
- It has wheels on the base, which help it slide across your pool’s floor while ensuring that the bristles efficiently scrub debris off the ground.
8. Intex Handheld Rechargeable Vacuum with Telescoping Aluminum Shaft & Two Interchangeable Brush Heads
- This vacuum has a telescopic aluminum pole of 94 inches, which allows the vacuum to clean up pool corners and extreme spots.
- This unit shuts down automatically, and this helps preserve battery life.
- It is easy to use.
- This vacuum has two interchangeable brushes.
- It has a USB cable for recharging.
- This vacuum must be submerged in water for proper operation.
- The vacuum has an IPX8 waterproof switch, which prevents glitches when submerged in water.
- This vacuum can function for 50 minutes when it is fully charged.
- This unit works fast.
- It is lightweight.
- It has no cables.
To get the right product that meets all your needs, you have to consider many things. Think carefully about what you need in a pool cleaner before buying.
Pool vacuums save time by sucking in all dirt, thereby giving you time to focus on other essential things. So, there is a need to go for vacuums that speed up the cleaning process.
This factor may seem a little ambiguous because your pool’s shape may also affect your vacuum, so to ensure that vacuums don’t get stuck in a particular area, or to ensure that the extreme ends of your pool get cleaned up, go for pool cleaners that suit your pool’s shape.
The filtration system controls everything about your vacuum virtually, in order not to get back dirt you’ve already vacuumed into the pool, make sure you go for a vacuum with good filter bags. The Water Tech Pool Blaster PRO 1500 Manual Swimming Pool Cleaner has three filter bags to ensure that your pool is thoroughly cleaned up.
Always go for a pool vacuum that is lightweight because you will have to carry it around during cleanup. Also, lightweight pool cleaners save the older adults the stress of pulling heavy cleaners around or into the pool.
The price of most vacuums says a lot about their quality. So, most times, it is often the higher the price, the higher the quality and performance. But it is essential to note that all products have their pros and cons; there is no perfect product. So, once a product is purchased, all pros and cons (except for severe cases) must be accepted.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I vacuum the sand out of my pool?
A: Of course, you can! Pool cleaners can vacuum debris, leaves, algae, and sand out of your pool. The only thing required is that you get the right vacuum that meets your needs, and you do the vacuuming the right way.
Q: How often should pool sand be changed?
A: As regards replacing or changing sand from the sand filter, pool sand should be changed every three to five years to ensure that the waters don’t develop channels through it and to guarantee optimum filtration, high pressure, and a clean pool.
Q: Should sand come out when I backwash?
A: Usually, little sand goes out of a pool, but if it’s excessive, then that’s a reason to worry. If you have sand going out of your pool when you backwash, then you might have a broken or faulty lateral or any other filter problem.
Q: How do I get sand off the bottom of my pool?
Getting sand off the bottom of your pool can be very stressful, but here are the ways to get it off
- Use your vacuum and ensure that you change the multiport valve to the waste setting
- Overfill your pool with water because a lot of water will be lost
- Sweep the sand to one spot
- Vacuum it all up
These are the eight best pool vacuums for sand reviewed to ensure that your pool is properly cleaned. So, carefully select the cleaner you need, while bearing in mind the features, warranty, and other important information in this article. And do not forget that the best product for you is one that meets all your requirements.