Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means that at no cost to you, we may earn a small commission for qualifying purchases.
Owning a pool comes with several responsibilities, and many pool owners have a lot of questions from everything to do with water balance and chemicals to maintenance products to use and possible ways to get rid of dirt debris, and most notably, algae. There is one question everyone will ask what is the best pool vacuum for algae?
The 7 Best Pool Vacuum for Algae 2022
1. XtremePowerUS 75037 Automatic Wall Suction Vacuum Pool Cleaner
This easy to maintain and the affordable cleaner cleans pools and mostly get rid of algae from your pool regardless of their sizes, it attaches to your existing filtration system and does not use electricity to function.
It is effortlessly easy to set up and very efficient. No matter the size, type, and shape of your pool, extreme cleaner goes deep and wide to ensure that all sorts of dirt, dust, and debris are removed, giving your pool a clean look. It is designed with cutting edge automatic and other smart technologies that allows you take a hands-off approach to pool cleaning, if you own a pool and you are looking for a versatile pool vacuum that climbs wall to clean the extreme power is a Worthy consideration.
- Full pool cleaning coverage
- Easy to maintain
- Great performance
2. Intex 2800IE Automatic Above Ground Pool Vacuum Cleaner
This auto pool cleaner is a Hassel free solution as it effectively vacuums the entire pool floor automatically. Not suitable for an inground pool, this pool cleaner was designed for Intex above ground pool, using the Venturi suction this cleaner will keep the bottom of your pool clear and clean from sunken leaves, diets, sand and algae with ease making your pool attractive and healthy.
- Very efficient and reliable
- Full pool cleaning coverage
3. Hayward Poolvergnuegen – 896584000-518 Automatic 2-Wheel Suction Vacuum Pool Cleaner
This two-wheel suction automatic pool cleaner is quick to connect and simple to set, Hayward navigator cleaner cleanses up your pool in less than ten minutes. It features self-adjusting turbine vane, which helps to maximize the power from the water flow, and the folding blade of the turbine allows easy passage of larger debris through the cleaner without clogging.
It works with the suction side of a pool circulation system and with its smart technology steering it through alternating left-right working quickly and silently to sweep up small debris, pollens, and most especially algae fast with ease leaving the pool clean and attractive.
- Suction side Quiet
- Fast cleaning
4. Aqua Product Mamba Automatic Swimming Pool Vacuum Cleaner
This product can be everything you need in an automatic pool cleaner, specially designed for both above and an inground pool of all shapes and sizes. This machine can clean and adapt to multiple surfaces with its super grip PVC brush for excellent traction on even the slipperiest of surfaces.
While operating, it reaches every nook and cranny of the pool walls and tiles, picking up more significant items like rocks, leaves, and unwanted organic debris like algae. No installation is required, simply drop the cleaner in the pool, plug into its 24-volt transformer, and push the button. Better quality for high-end performance at a low price.
- Easy to use
- Highly capable
- Time featured
- Filters bag needs constant cleaning
5. VIVOHOME Automatic Inground/ Above ground Pool Sweeper Vacuum Cleaner
With the Vivohome Automatic cleaner, you can clean everywhere in your pool, including the hard-to-reach corners and surfaces of your pool without missing a spot.
Just connect the 32.8-foot hose to your existing filtration system, this automatic pool cleaner works great on all surfaces by scrubbing and sucking up all the dirt, algae, debris, leaves, bugs lining on your pool floor and walls expertly. Suitable for both the above and inground pool attached to an existing filtration system to eliminate every contaminant with great ease.
- Easy to use
- Effective cleaning
6. Skooba K563CBX Kokido Max Swimming Pool Vacuum Cleaner
Ideal for cleaning pool walls most especially above ground pool with low flow filtration system suitable for pool between 8 to15 feet in diameter, it is designed to work with the suction power of your filtration system with a minimum flow rate of 500GPH.
It easily removes debris, sands, algae, and bacteria from the bottom and sides of your pool without clogging. With its simultaneous vacuuming and filtering function, which helps save your money by prolonging the life of your pool filter.
- Superior cleaning
7. Hayward 925AD Navigator Pro Suction Automatic Vacuum Pool Cleaner
Suitable, especially for an inground pool, Hayward automatic cleaner is designed to work hand-in-hand with the existing filtration system on your pool, so there is no need for booster pumps that usually complicate setup processes. Simple, affordable, but powerful, it helps you get rid of dirt, debris, and algae from your pool effectively, with its outstanding features, which also make for easy usage. All you need is less than ten minutes, and your pool will be on its way to being clean and sparkling.
- Fast cleaning
- Efficient operation
How to Clean Algae From Pool Without a Vacuum
- Test and balance your water chemistry with a test strips or digital kit to know the alkalinity and PH value of the pool.
- Brush your pool sides, walls, under a ladder with a good pool brush.
- Add algaecide to the areas where algae are in the pool.
- Brush your pool again with a pool flocculent.
- Turn the pump on to keep the water from stagnating, and from making the algae easily removable, turn it off after the algae float on your pool.
- Shock your pool with suitable calcium hypochlorite, shock twice, or thrice depending on how large the algae are. Also, put your cleaning equipment in the shallow end of the pool so they can be sanitized too.
- Gently filter the soft debris and algae with a pool net, and test your water chemistry again, then turn on your water pump adding pool water clarifier for a minimum of eight hours.
How to Vacuum Algae Out Of a Pool
- Manual vacuuming is the best, by directly cleaning the waste bypassing your filter and preventing recirculation of your contaminated water, use a stiff pool brush paying more attention to where algae are usually worst and prevalent in the pool.
- Test and balance your water balance with a digital kit.
- Affix the vacuum head to one end of the telescopic pole, attach one end of the vacuum hose to the vacuum head.
- Hold the pole with your hand and lower the vacuum head into the pool, locate the filter skimmer on the side of the pool, and attach the free end of the hose into the water intake. Once the tube fills with water, suction will begin.
- Push the vacuum head while holding the pole around the floor and sides of your pool to get rid of the algae.
- After you have done the entire pool, disconnect the hose from the filter.
All pools most especially algae infested pools need good pool cleaners and chemicals to stay clean, maintain its user satisfaction, remain appealing to others, and healthier for you and your family. The above-mentioned pool vacuum is the best pool vacuum algae to buy, they work effectively, they are well design to fit any pool size or type, they are affordable, and of an excellent investment.