Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means that at no cost to you, we may earn a small commission for qualifying purchases.
You will agree with me when I say that every filtration system requires a pump that can provide the force needed to circulate water via the primary filters and drains.
One brand that is known for providing quality pool pumps is Pentair, a company with hundreds of products on the shelves today.
That leads us to the question: what is the best Pentair pool pump to buy? Read on to discover the top five pumps from this reputable manufacturer.
Pentair Pool Pump Reviews: Top 5 Models
Here are five pool pumps that can circulate water to your facility’s primary filter and drain systems.
1. Pentair SuperFlo Vs. Variable Speed Pool Pump – 342001
Your purchase provides you with a Pentair SuperFlo vs. Variable Speed Pool Pump. Here are the features:
- For standard pools: The product is recommended for pools that require a 1.5 HP pump.
- Variable speed pump: It comes with 50/60 Hz and 115-230v single phase capability.
- Easy installation: Another great thing is you can install the system without a hassle. The recommended setup is a valve on the return lines and pumps suction side.
- Easy maintenance: You can isolate the pump during maintenance to enjoy easy cleaning.
- Cost friendly: The variable speed ensures that the product uses less power and thus costs less to operate.
- Simple design: Another great thing is the simple design that makes this model easy to fit.
- Useful: You can bet the system can circulate the water without any hassle.
2. Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo Variable Speed High-Performance Pool Pump
Pentair 011018 is another quality model that you can add to your pool. Here are its features:
- Saves energy: The product was designed to save you energy by 90% compared to using traditional pumps.
- Quiet operation: You can have the confidence of swimming in your pool when this pump is on.
- Lightweight: Another notable thing is the lightweight nature that lets you install it without help.
- 8-speed settings: The model allows you to program its speed using 8-setting.
- Built-in timer: It is a feature that ensures your pump runs effectively and goes off when all the water is circulated.
- Built-in diagnostics: They come in handy to protect your system and extend its useful life.
- Compatible with other brands: You can match this pump with EasyTouch, IntelliTouch, and SunTouch Pool control system.
- Value for money: The model brings you value for the investment you make by guaranteeing effectiveness.
3. Pentair LA01N Single Booster Pump
If you want a universal model, then this is the product for you. It offers quality features, as seen below:
- Universal booster: The first thing to note is the model comes with a single-speed universal booster. You can install it in most places, and you will get an effective service.
- Durable product: Another great thing is the unit is made of durable materials that resist corrosion.
- For multiple cleaners: The unit allows you to use the legend platinum truck, legend platinum, and legend automatic cleaners.
- Includes accessories: Its package includes adapters and a hose to provide you with easy installation.
- Easy maintenance: You can easily maintain this product thanks to its simple design.
- Lightweight: The other great thing is the lightweight nature, as you can easily remove the unit when replacing.
- Quiet operation: One feature you should note is the model does not produce a lot of noise when circulating the water.
4. Pentair 340038 SuperFlo High-Performance Single Speed Pool Pump
There are many pool pumps you can find on the market today, but most cannot match this Pentair’s unit. Find out why:
- 1 HP pump: The horsepower allows the system to move more water at a lower cost.
- Quiet operation: It is a machine that does not produce a lot of noise when operating.
- Superior internal flow design: One great design that helps to minimize hydraulic noise is the excellent flow.
- Thick-walled body parts: They ensure your pool pump is protected top to prevent knocks and chemical damaged.
- Oversized strainer basket: The feature helps to extend the time between cleaning intervals to gives you time to do other things.
- See-through lid: Another feature is the see-thru lid that makes it possible to inspect your pump.
- Self-priming: It is a feature that allows easy and quick start-up.
- Twelve months warranty: You can install the unit in your pool with confidence.
5. Pentair 340029 SuperFlo High-Performance Single Speed Pool Pump
At #5 is the Pentair 340029 SuperFlo and here are its features:
- 1.5 HP pump: It is a 1.5 HP pump that circulates water more efficiently to reduce operational costs.
- Quiet operation: That is possible because the model comes with a superior internal flow design that minimizes hydraulic noise.
- Thick-walled body: The body provides you with a durable product that you can use for years.
- Oversized strainer basket: Another great feature is the strainer basket, as it lets you clean the unit after a long time.
- See-through lid: The lid makes it easy to inspect the system.
- Self-priming: You can rest assured of a quick and easy start-up.
- Easy to install: The other great thing is the ease of installation – you do not require a professional to help you.
How Long Should a Pentair Pool Pump Last?
Your Pentair pool pump should last for 8-10 years before it needs repair or replacement. These products become noisy and start to screech at the rear or front when they get old.
You can prolong its durability by proper maintenance, using it the right way, and using the filtration system correctly.
How to Use Pentair Pool Pump?
The section guides you on how to use your Pentair pool pumps using the menu and control panel buttons.
Starting the pump
- Power the pump on – you will see a green LED light
- Select any speed button and then press the LED on (start button)
Stopping the pump
- Press the stop button
The pump can restart if you do not disconnect the communication cable.
Picking the best Pentair pool pump comes down to the price, preference, and needs. However, you should also consider the intended use and the size of your swimming pool.